Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27,2010

Hi Friends,
I thought I would wait until after the state meet to write again. I have spent the last month swimming five days a week trying to get in shape for the Masters State Meet which was this past weekend in DeKalb.
The picture to the side is of my brother Rick and my sister Trish. Rick was in town from Arkansas to visit his son Ricky and we went to dinner together to celebrate my 68th birthday April 17th.
I had more birthday cards and treats to dinner this year than I can ever remember. It was wonderful.
Ok, back to the swim meet. I swam 9 events in the three days that it went on, and ended up with 6 firsts and 3 seconds. Our team came in second. We were hoping to get out third win in a row but it didn't happen. Rick's son Ricky swims for Evanston Masters and they won so I spent some time with Ricky, my nephew who was a national collegiate swimmer when he was younger. He gave me a few tips on my freestyle which I will try to incorporate in my stroke.
Michael and his kids came in town to watch me. My good friends the Radzkes and Barczaks also drove up for one morning. I felt very supported. Watching a swim meet can be really boring if you don't know many of the swimmers and the day starts at 7 with warm ups and doesn't end until about 6 Saturday and Sunday.
Yesterday would have been Joe's 70th birthday. I can't imagine him getting older. I still picture him as he was when he was healthy.
I am in the final stages of planning a kitchen renovation. It won't start for 4-6 weeks but Joe was the one so good at decorating and I always liked what he picked out. I have input from the kids for sure but I'm not used to all the responsibility.
Hope this spring finds you all well and enjoying the beautiful colors of the spring flowers. I am sure feeling it in my allergies!
Oh by the way, I went to the doctor yesterday and my cholesterol dropped from 230 to 193 since January. The weight loss helped so I am on the right track.
Take care and God bless.
Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment