Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20,2010

Hi Friends,

Last few days before we leave. Yesterday I took out my carry -on suitcase and Lucky jumped right in. He wants to go no matter what he goes in. How funny! I'm trying to remember to get everything put on vacation hold and tie up loose ends. Got the important things done--- like manicure and pedicure.

The big questions is whether I will fit in the clothes I left down there last year. I really have a lot of work to do and I am hoping Bonaire and the nice weather will motivate me. I plan to do walking, diving reading, napping and as little eating as possible. Now that Lucky's behavior has improved we should be able to take walks without disturbing the local dogs and geckos. I am trying to get visits in to our kids before I go but their schedules are busier than mine. Tomorrow I will see Jason play basketball and last week I saw Matthew perform in his show choir. They came in third in the competition last weekend and have another one this weekend. If you ever watch Glee on TV, that is kind of what he does.
Everyone in the family is good. Michael is going to Phoenix for a conference so he will get to visit Karen and Mark while he is in town. Their weather has to be better than ours. We're having freezing rain right now.

Just read the Kite Runner. Forgot I had read it before - that is always fun. Did that with a movie a couple weeks ago. I remember the part I just read or what I just saw but don't remember what happens. Hope that is just senior moments.

By the way, The organization Feed My Staving Children that is sending food to Haiti is the same organization that our church has been packing food for for the last year. We go there quarterly with about 60 people from Carillon for two hours and pack food for the orphanages which is passed out by missionaries. They are funded strictly by donations from companies and privately. Glad to see they got some good press.

Bye for now. I will update from Bonaire.

God Bless.
Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment